Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Dirty Dash "Mud Run" 2011


In my efforts to improve my health, I thought I would take a chance and do something I had never done before. I signed up to do the Dirty Dash 5k mud run with my friends! It takes place at Soldier Hollow and it is a 5k obstacle course/race in the mud. There were hay bales to climb over, tunnels to go through, walls to climb. There was a slide, and a pool of mud. It was such a good time, and although my body was tired I was so glad I did it.

Group Photo. There were over 60 participants in our group! It was such a beautiful day, and so fun. Thank you Dulci, Brian, Melissa and Brock for the great pictures. A very special thank you to Brock for putting this all together!!

Got Mud Girls

After the slide

Dirty Got Mud Girls :)



Yep, that is yucky mud on my face....and I am still smiling!!

Group in the pool

Falling in the pool...it was so gross.

Group on the muddy hill! What a great bunch of people!

Muddy Group Photo

I am so glad that I didn't put limitations on myself and think I could not do this. I love my friends, they are so awesome. I am grateful for friends who encouraged and had faith in me. I am enjoying the journey. I showed my kids the picture of "Mommy in the Mud", and they looked at me like I was crazy!! I want them to see a strong and beautiful woman. I want them to know they can do anything if they are determined. :)

Beyond risk....I discovered freedom! A great feeling!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Heather you look great! This dirty day looks like it was a blast!